Assessing External and Internal Risks
When traveling, it is wise to have someone identify and evaluate all of the risks you may encounter. The potential for uncertainty depends on where and when you are traveling, but your risk assessment should account for factors such as the following:
- Potential natural disasters such as forest fires, floods, hurricanes, and other natural phenomena
- Political upheaval or social unrest
- Widespread criminal or terrorist activity
- Risks associated with your mode of travel – plane, boat, rented cars, et.c
Once we have identified all of the potential risks presented by your travel plan, we then begin to identify the potential internal risks:
- Do you have adequate security measures in place?
- Do you have the right personnel to manage a crisis?
- Have the drivers, pilots, and their companies been vetted?
- Do your travel plans have enough resilience to allow you to proceed with your plans in the face of a crisis?
- What communications will you need?
- What are your alternative plans or exit strategies?
We understand that it’s nearly impossible to plan for all of these contingencies when planning for the trip itself, but with an experienced eye, you can increase your chances of traveling safely and without incidents.
Situational Awareness & Intelligence
In order to thoroughly manage your travel risk, you need someone with “boots on the ground” intelligence. Someone who knows the area, the culture, and the political climate that can identify the tangible risks that need to be addressed. At the same time, someone who is thoroughly vetted and who will be loyal to you, and to you only.
At Wellfleet Strategies, we draw upon a global network of professionals who know how to manage risk. From personal security to crisis planning for your business, our professionals have decades of experience in keeping our clients safe.
Working with You, For You
Most, if not all, of our clients are leaders, used to forging their own path and facing risks head-on. We understand that it isn’t always easy to follow someone else’s orders. That’s why we involve our clients in the decision making process as much as possible. While our objective is to keep you safe, we also strive to remain out of sight and in the background as much as possible. We work to protect you and your family so that you can make the most of your trip.